Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Workouts

LeeAnne and I worked out together today. She wants to get ready for summer, Bikini Challenge! So 2 circuits of upper/core and 1 leg circuit what I call a Quad Square, 4 leg exercises done in a circuit using bodyweight. For some reason the leg circuit was not kind to her, I’ll leave it at that

I did the same workout but added a Core4 and Tabata work. The Tabata is a high-intensity training regimen that produces remarkable results. A Tabata workout (also called a Tabata sequence) is an interval training cycle of 20 seconds of maximum intensity exercise, followed by 10 seconds of rest, repeated without pause 8 times for a total of four minutes. I used a one-legged Burpee with pushup and press, once I felt comfortable with my balance; I went as quickly as possible. I’ll show the beginning stage where I’m trying to get my balance. A Tabata is moving quicker at the start, then it kicks in and you become a snail. Keep going!!

LEGS
Bulgarian Split Squat 10-15 ea
Front Lunge 10-15 ea
Crossover Step 10-15 ea
Split Squat Jump 10-15 ea

Core4
Plank on SB 1 leg 30 sec ea
SB Toe Touches 1m
Foam Roller plank with pushup 1m
Foam Roller Plank with KB move 1m

Warning: Foam Rollers are great, but like the name implies, they ROLL. Be extra careful; don’t want a trip to the Dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment